Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is a Fortune 1000 Staffing Industry Leader with operations throughout four continents. As we expand our footprint nationally we are looking to identify top talent to join the Volt team. We are looking for reward driven candidates with a passion for staffing and ability to work in a fast- paced and performance driven environment!
The Executive Assistant is a full time direct hire position to provide administrative, strategic and personal support to a top C-level executive within a Fortune 1000 Company. Position is similar to a "Chief of Staff", ensuring operations and logistics run smoothly. Interface and communicate with internal and external executives as well as the Board of Directors.
Core Areas to Perform In
- Provide high-level support on communication, strategy, projects, and initiatives.
- Interact with leaders at all levels, including other C-level executives, internal staff, and members of the board of directors
- Take an active role in executive meetings and help connect the dots on strategy and which items may impact another. Identify issues that could impact successful execution. Document clear action items and engage with all parties to ensure that deadlines and scope of deliverables are met.
- Add value to strategic initiatives and work on cross functional teams as needed
- Manage inventory of critical projects monitoring status and provide updates on schedule and scope
- Proactive weekly planning; looking ahead to the next week, month and quarter to review schedules and obligations to anticipate information and deliverables that would assist the C-level executive
- Administrative support including active calendar management; arranging detailed travel plans; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; and creating high impact presentations, reports and analytics
- Make the best use of executive's time by managing both priorities and people. Understand competing priorities and all time demands. Assign or decline the executive's time with the highest level of diplomacy
- Research, prioritize and follow through on issues and concerns coming into the executive's office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Manage communication for and on behalf of executive. Monitor, screen and respond as appropriate to the executive's incoming correspondence; including voicemail, email, and flag important and urgent items. Develop, research, draft and send communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Access information and pulls queries and reports out of information systems, such as P&L's, financial data and employee data
- Support communications from the executive to the executive team and vice versa. Help facilitate decisions and feedback. .
- 5+ years Executive Assistant experience - supporting an executive at the C-level, ideally at a publicly traded company
- Additional exempt level business experience (preferred)
- Previous experience drafting communications and making appropriate decisions on behalf or in absence of C-level executive
- Information Systems experience, including navigating around profit and loss statements
- Advanced MS-Office including Excel and PowerPoint (data presentation)
- Business acumen
- Diligently proactive and highly focused with a keen ability to anticipate needs and problem solve
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed communication skills and interposal savvy
- Professional demeanor and presentation with the ability to build relationships with internal staff, board members, and external
- Excellent organization and prioritization abilities
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Trustworthy, maintain highly confidential data and communications.
- Tact, diplomacy, persistence
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Required)
- MBA (preferred)
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.