Human Resources Compensation Analyst
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
HR Compensation Analyst
At Volt Information Sciences Inc. we connect people with great jobs. We are an international provider of staffing services and outsourcing solutions, providing our client organizations with the talent they need to achieve their business goals. We also offer our client candidates career opportunities to help them achieve their potential.
We are looking for a HR Compensation Analyst to join our HR team based in Orange, CA.
About the role: The HR Compensation Analyst is a hands-on role responsible for administering compensation plans, revising existing compensation plans, conducting salary surveys, creating/updating salary structures and driving the completion of annual review processes. This position requires extensive wage and hour knowledge to review positions for exempt classification, review alternative work schedule agreements and advise on wage and hour issues. This position is a hybrid position that supports the HR department projects and overall business operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating compensation plans and programs to support business objectives, including creating addenda and amendments to employment agreements with unique incentive or commission programs.
- Facilitating the company- wide annual compensation review process.
- Conducting compensation surveys for competitive benchmarking in marketplace.
- Creating compensation structures by position, including creating job descriptions, determining exempt/non-exempt classification, creating appropriate compensation addendum and creating salary ranges for all position levels.
- Researching and recommending new competitive base, incentive, commission and bonus compensation programs.
- Supporting onboarding of new hires by producing appropriate compensation agreements and providing employment agreements for based on their classification and other factors
- Investigate and respond to wage claims
- Investigate and respond to wage and hour compliance questions
- Supporting other HR projects as needed.
- Creating and maintaining job descriptions.
- Creating metrics and other reports utilizing the HRIS system.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance issues related to compensation and wage and hour law
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources department that includes experience in compensation administration is required
- 1-2 years in compensation planning and compensation analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business or comparable field
- Project Management experience a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills.
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Advanced knowledge Peoplesoft, including running queries, and of MS Office, specifically Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking ability as well as a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well independently and exercise professional judgment with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret complex regulations, contracts and policies.
- Ability to persuade or influence people to take appropriate action.
If you are knowledgeable in compensation and HR, enjoy providing outstanding customer service, and are flexible, eager and willing to take on a challenge, then this is the position for you!
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.