Junior Tax Accountant
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Company: Volt Information Sciences, Inc.
Position: Jr. Tax Accountant
Location: Orange, CA
Volt Information Sciences, Inc.
Volt Information Sciences, Inc. provides staffing services, managed service programs, technology outsourcing services and information technology infrastructure services. The Staffing Services segment consist of workforce solutions that include providing contingent workers, personnel recruitment services, and managed staffing services programs supporting primarily professional administration, technical, information technology and engineering positions.
The role of the Jr. Tax Accountant is to provide support in non-income tax areas ensuring the accurate and timely filing of the company's tax returns. Assist the tax department with administrative functions.
Specific job functions will include:
- Preparing business license renewals and various state and local tax returns including payroll tax, state unemployment insurance, worker's compensation and other tax returns as needed.
- Correspond with state and local tax authorities via telephone and email
- Work directly with the tax staff to respond to a variety of needs within the department.
- Prepare tax returns for mailing.
- Perform routine administrative duties such as filing, copying, faxing and scanning.
- Other projects/assignments as required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- MS Office technical ability at intermediate level or above.
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Tax and/or accounting experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.