Loss Control Consultant
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Loss Control Consultant
Volt Information Sciences
Job Summary: The Loss Control Consultant provides advice and consultation to all divisions of VOLT in the arenas of Safety, Loss Control, Risk Assessment and Loss Prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Loss Control Consultant must be able to work in a "client driven" business relationship environment. Possess an appreciation and respect for diversity. Can be an ambassador of the VOLT Safety/Loss Control Department and maintain a professional business demeanor at all times. The consultant must have the ability to build positive relationships with clients that support client retention and be sensitive to the humanistic needs of our team members.
- Investigates and provides detailed analyses of the facts surrounding incidents created by accidental injury or illness. Ability to separate the detail of an incident and determine its contributing factors, such as unsafe acts, unsafe processes, poor hygienic standards etc. Must be able to ascertain what elements of the detail of an incident were contributory to the event and provide recommendations to corporate and field management as to what proactive measures should be implemented to minimize re-occurrence.
- Provides all reports, in a clear and concise manner, for all activities deemed necessary by the Director of Safety/Loss Control, including, but not limited to; Site Field Inspections, Client Safety Meetings, Specific Incidents, OSHA Inspections and others on an expedited basis.
- Develop, maintain and coach the following programs; Accident and Injury Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens, HazMat, Food Safety, including FDA and HAACP standards, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Safety, Occupational Safety, Workplace Security and others.
- Analyses loss runs, claims reports, incident reports, and governmental reports and publications for opportunities to proactively minimize loss to the company. Maintain all safety related records as required by code and as deemed necessary by corporate management.
- Must have the ability to travel 50% of the time or more.
- State and Federal Safety, environmental, health and hazardous materials codes and regulations.
- Physical, biological and chemical safety hazards.
- Current general industry safety standards, ergonomics.
- Familiarization with Workers Compensation statutes, rules, regulations, ratings and bureaus
- Familiarization with risk assessments related to General Liability
- Familiarization with Employment practices related to Pre-employment screenings, drug testing, etc.
- Industry Standard Performance Metrics associated with safety and loss control
- Microsoft Office Suites, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited College or University
- Five to Seven Years of Multi-Unit Safety, Risk Management and/or Loss Prevention service
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to accomplish multiple task with accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to coach effectively in both a peer-to-peer and peer-to-superior role
- Bilingual preferred - English/Spanish
Volt Information Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.