|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
- Monthly review of transactions recorded to the financial statements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
- Prepare monthly roll-forward schedules, account reconciliations, and other month-end close requirements.
- Ensure that all accruals have adequate supporting documentation, review for reasonableness and trends as per accrual procedures and guidelines
- Create and maintain financial calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, internal & external audit
- Compile monthly departmental reports
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management.
- Assist in performing continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period.
- Work with management to formulate, implement, document, and monitor policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Maintain an understanding of general ledger account numbers.
- Assist in developing financial reports and tools.
- Work with large data sets and complex spreadsheets
- Perform other duties outside the scope of the job description and as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently in a timely manner.
- Ability to query data and complete monthly financial reporting by assigned critical deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments to trouble shoot, analyze and resolve issues relating to technology solutions or organizational processes.
- Written and verbal skills to clearly and effectively communicate across departments, organizational affiliates as well as higher management.
- Ability to formulate, interpret, adapt, and apply policies and regulations in a complex setting
- Ability to work independently on a project or assignment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through complexities in meeting critical deadlines.
- Complex problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various duties and project to ensure timely completion.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods.
- BS in Accounting/Finance required.
- 3+ years Accounting / Finance experience
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.