Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our internal accounting team. Our ideal candidate is pro-active, self-directed, and possesses an atypical high quality bar for themselves and their work product. An individual to with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through complexities in meeting critical deadlines.
We are looking for a professional with the resourcefulness to take on a new project, think through it, and readily grasp the quickest, easiest way to get to the goal. Many projects will be undefined, so the ability to figure something out from scratch will be critical. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in accounting and is flexible, eager and willing to take on a challenge!
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and year-end closing.
- Ability to prepare monthly schedules and reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and accruals.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of financial statements including the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed
- Work with large data sets and complex spreadsheets
Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
Volt is an equal opportunity Employer
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting and/or financial analysis. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently in a timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to apply logical thinking to a wide range of business and practical problems.
- Ability to work independently on a project or assignment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various duties and projects to ensure timely completion.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods.
- A team player with a strong desire to learn.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- Excellent Excel skills required