Technical Proposal Writer
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Create and, as necessary, manage detailed, solutions-oriented proposals in response to customer or sales target requests, including project management of the bid process and associated collateral. Compose and organize compelling, strategic content which effectively represents and conveys VMC's value proposition. Conduct research on industry and proposal-related topics leveraging writer's technical knowledge and understanding of games testing, mobile platforms, customer care services and technology solutions. Incorporate complex formats, layouts, and styles, including tables, glossaries, graphics and spreadsheets into the documents created. Handle non-proposal, high-level writing projects as assigned. Position requires occasional overtime to meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within stringent timeframes to meet proposal deadlines, ensure the final documents are complete as set forth in client and internal requirements, comply with VMC procedures, and assure the document is well organized and professionally presented.
- Conduct research on industry topics, such as games testing, mobile platforms, customer care services and outsourced technology solutions, as well as research on competitive advantages, company analysis, relevant legislation, cost savings, etc.
- Write new proposal content and maintain a proposal database to reflect research and updates to VMC; review content for suitability for business development use.
- Understand complex concepts including how VMC product offerings fit together and present info creatively and concisely.
- Participate in meetings with business and technical subject matter experts and attend industry and VMC-specific training. Utilize and practice effective communication techniques, as appropriate, to ensure accurate and timely collaboration.
- Ensure the utilization of up-to-date business terminologies and set style standards.
- Manage any strategic, sales-focused writing projects as assigned.
Skills and/or Experience:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Professional experience as a technical, proposal or business writer, preferably with experience supporting sales, marketing and/or proposal departments
- Ability to write strategic content that addresses client challenges with real-world solutions presented persuasively
- Ability to effectively write for multiple projects and varying audiences at the same time
- Ability to assess technical requirements and effectively communicate with business and technical experts
- Excellent research skills and the ability to incorporate new information into existing content
- Excellent timeline management, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing with company staff and outside contacts at all levels
- Strong customer service and leadership skills and professional demeanor in all business interactions
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related disciplines
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer