Business Development Manager (Commercial Staffing)
Overland Park, KS
|Location:||Overland Park, KS|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt? Do you have passion, guts, smarts and boundless energy? Do you bring a trusted and engaging professional image to your clients and your peers? Are you interested in unlimited earning potential and a great career path as a reward? If so, you will love this golden opportunity with Volt Information Science's Commercial Services Team.
At Volt Information Sciences Inc. we connect people with great jobs. We are an international provider of staffing services and outsourcing solutions, providing our client organizations with the talent they need to achieve their business goals. We also offer our client candidates career opportunities to help them achieve their potential.
We are looking for several Business Development Managers to join our Commercial Services team. Positions are based in Plano, TX, Denver, Overland Park, KS and Lyle, IL.
About the role: The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible and held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business. This is done through both acquiring new clients and expanding our services within existing clients. The BDM must be incredibly adept at communicating at all levels of an organization as they create long-term and mutually beneficial partnerships. The BDM has an unquenchable thirst for prospecting and closing on new opportunities that strategically align with the division/area strategy. The business development manager will grow revenue profitably by selling value, differentiating our services and positioning One Volt as the only choice.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Business Development Efforts
- Generate quality contracts/orders from new and inactive accounts; track and move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Create and maintain a business plan utilizing CRM, with targeted new accounts and completely mapped territory and calendar. Develop strategy for penetrating/layering within accounts.
- Engage in outside selling 80% of each day.
- Manage assigned territory in an organized and systematic fashion; develop business through a combination of methods that may include all or in part: research, lead generation, prospecting, networking and in-person appointments with new and inactive clients.
- Partner with each Volt division to share leads and develop client relationships to expand Volt's footprint.
- Generate leads through prospecting and cold calling, both in-person and via telephone and other electronic media such as social networking tools and techniques.
- Focus on new opportunities with existing clients through collaboration with Cross Brands.
- Research potential new business and current client and update target list.
- Maintain active participation and membership in networking organizations.
- Deliver on all expected Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) both inputs and results as defined by the company and your manager.
- Complete the timely entry of all required sales documentation into Volt's CRM and other automated systems. Maintain consistency and integrity of data.
- Coordinate with recruiting teams to ensure delivery to client's requisitions. Participate in sales and training seminars geared toward recruiting teams.
- Meet with your direct Manager and inside staff on a regular basis to communicate all client service priorities and business/sales opportunities.
- Provide information on clients or prospects for bids and proposals within assigned territory.
- Coach inside staff to help refine messaging and develop their sales skills and comfort with the selling process.
- Work to ensure contract compliance.
- Participate as necessary in Quarterly Business Reviews and other program activities under the direction of your direct Manager
- Minimum of 3 years' successful sales or client relationship management experience, preferably in staffing.
- Proven experience carrying a bag, developing new pipeline opportunity and generating revenue.
- Strong cold calling and professional network development experience.
- Experience leveraging a CRM to enhance your individual success in the field.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in comparable field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. A proven record of success surpasses all.
If this describes you, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring today. Your future awaits!
Inquiries via Linkedin also welcome at www.linkedin.com/in/kristinaruta/
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer