Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Inside Sales Representative is needed to complement and supplement field sales personnel to solicit sales in areas where the company has existing customers, or no or little coverage territories.
- Make regular/daily out bound calls to target accounts
- Responsible for business and account growth within assigned territory
- Develop and maintain strong effective relationships with customers
- Follow up and keep in regular contact with outside sales representatives
- Use monthly sales reports to monitor territory performance and achieve assigned sales goals
- Handle all high quantity quote requests within territory and follow up
- Handle all customer co-op quote requests
- Work with sales management and outside sales reps to establish “target” accounts in territory
- Follow up on samples sent to customers
- Follow up on virtuals sent to customers
- Work with customer service within territory and update on special account needs
- Help with potential customer issues/concerns as needed
- Develop and monitor customer programs including product placement
- Strong written, verbal and typing skills
- Excellent Organization: Ability to multi-task, prioritize daily tasks, and meet deadlines
- MUST be dependable and consistent in attendance; and have an energetic and positive attitude about the company, industry, and customers
- Occasional travel required for tradeshows and key events and/or meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
1-2 years of experience in inside sales preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Marketing or equivalent experience. Able to negotiate effectively and aggressively. Excellent phone skills and computer knowledge. Ability to problem solve and find the best solution for our organization and the customer (Issues, Out of stock & cross/up sell, etc.)
Physical Demands and Safety Considerations:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to fingers, type for long periods of time, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear in person and on phone. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet