Chemical Engineering Supervisor
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is seeking an experienced Chemical Engineer supervisor with product development experience for a direct hire role with a client located in the Peoria, IL area.
- Candidate will report to the Furnacing Production Manager as this position is responsible to oversee and supervise the sulferox facility operations.
- The position monitors raw material usage and efficiency, orders raw material, arranges for the shipment of sulferox, and assists and coordinates maintenance for the sulferox plant.
- Additionally this position is responsible for the operation of all equipment relating to the monitoring of gas emissions from the manufacturing of silicon carbide and generating of all reports required by the EPA regarding gas emissions from the manufacturing of silicon carbide.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The principal challenge is the operation of the sulferox facility according to the guidelines outlined in the EPA permit issued to the silicon carbide manufacturing plant.
- Communication with sulferox operators to enable optimum operation and efficiency is required.
- This requires that the sulferox facility and emissions monitoring equipment operate at peak efficiency and with minimal downtime.
- The position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree, or equivalent work history.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations, business or industrial relations, first aid and/or EMT training, and computer literacy.
- Monitor operation of continuous Emission Monitor (CEM) and gas chromatograph.
- Supervise sulferox operators.
- Administer provisions of the collective bargaining agreement relating to work rules and grievance resolution.
- Operate the sulferox unit with no more than 21 days (504 hours) of downtime per year, based- on a running total of monthly data.
- Communicate with EPA regarding malfunctions, maintenance, exceedances, and any other required reporting duty as outlined in the construction permit and/or operating permit.
- Operate the sulferox unit so as not to produce emissions of SO greater than 2000 ppm, 500 ppm H2S, 2400 lbs/hr, or 894 tons/year. Yearly limit is 365 days running calendar.
- Maintain all records for the sulferox facility as detailed in the construction permit and/or operating permit.
- Establish operating procedures for the sulferox facility.
- Establish and monitor spare parts' inventory for sulferox facility.
- Follow all plant safety policies.
- Encourage an environment where safety is of primary importance.
- Assemble all emissions reports as required by the EPA.
- Maintain and monitor raw material usage of the sulferox facility; monitor and optimize material balances.
- Monitor operations of sulferox facility to insure maximum sulfur conversion in most cost effective manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Volt is an EOE.