Systems Analyst III
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Systems Analyst III. We are looking for a Systems Analyst to join our thriving application engineering community. Whether it is developing cutting edge applications on the cloud or modernizing our legacy technology your engineering skills will be used to develop best in class solutions. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas, new engineering methods to deliver agile solutions to our customers. Could this be you? If so apply today!
This Systems Analyst job family brings an engineering discipline to defining and supporting software systems to meet our client's business needs. This job requires a depth of expertise in solution analysis while having the breadth of skills to perform design, scripting, configuration, data-analysis and quality assurance.
- Develop and document user requirements, use cases, non-functional requirements, etc.
- Write epics and user stories while developing prototypes to detail features and functionality.
- Communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders.
- Interact with our partners to understand requirements and define cost effective solutions that meet user needs.
- Maintain subject matter expertise and knowledge for solutions.
- Develop training materials and conduct other analysis as needed.
- Design business processes and software solutions.
- Create process, data and application flow diagrams to define solutions that meet business needs.
- Work with quality assurance functions to develop test plans, automated test scripts and prepare test data.
- Develop both functional and non-functional acceptance criteria.
- Ensure software meets quality standards.
- Work with software developers and partners to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Perform root cause analysis, provide and implement recommendations.
- Perform installation and configuration of packaged/SaaS software and troubleshoot issues.
- Conduct data analysis and develop software scripts.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Must be able to be a primary IT point of contact for the business areas being supported, so strong customer service skills are hugely important to success in this role.
- Must have personal accountability, deliver quality work, and operate as a team player while valuing our client's mission and culture.
- For smaller efforts this role will be expected to coordinate and drive work to completion in accordance with our client's Solution Development processes.
- Effectively demonstrates analysis of systems and critical thinking in a collaborative team based environment.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to lead effectively.
- Working in a multi-vendor, off shore model is now the norm in the industry and Systems Analysts need to know how to be successful in this model.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have
- At least 3 to 5 Years as a systems analyst or similar role in a software development setting
- 3+ Years in conducting system analysis, design and implementation
- Experience in developing and documenting user requirements, use cases, non-functional requirements, etc.
- Experience working with Agile methodology such as SCRUM for developing Stories, MVP, and Acceptance Criteria
- An analytical and collaborative mindset that allows you to delve into technical issues both as an individual contributor and as part of a team to understand not only how something works, but why it works, and how it can be improved
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and a history of being a collaborative team player
- A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience leading small teams on implementation initiatives, influencing internal and external stakeholders and performing complex systems and data analysis
- A bachelor or master degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Additional Qualifications That Add Value
- Understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Korn, Perl, PowerShell or similar
- Experience with working with cloud software
- Experience with working with offshore teams
- KNOWLEDGE: Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Volt is a publicly owned Corporation with shares trading on the over-the-counter market: http://www.otcmarkets.com under the trading symbol "VISI". To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.