Inside Sales Representative
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$40,000.00 - $45,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is looking for a Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an entry-level sales role focused on revenue generation by generating meetings and sales opportunities.
- Making outbound contact with prospective clients over the phone and email to establish and drive pipeline growth
- Giving high-level online presentations of innovative solutions
- Creating meetings between prospects and business development representatives
- Recording prospect interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Researching leads from the web site, following up with hot leads, and sharing them with other sales team members
- Discovering new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/commenting
- Nurturing and qualifying new leads to be turned into online demo appointments
- Being a trusted resource and cultivating relationships with prospects
- Supporting marketing efforts by assisting in demand generation campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energy and drive to make numerous (50+) phone calls daily
- Desire to be innovative - you're just as happy turning on the camera and recording a snappy video for a prospect as you are crafting a great email, or making a killer phone call.
- Familiarity with Outlook and the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as online research tools
- Proficiency with social media (especially LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Ambitious, “hunter” mentality in seeking out new business
- Personality to build strong relationships with prospects, customers, and partners
- Ability to execute sales strategies, and successfully overcome prospect objections
- Business or Sales undergrad class experience a big plus
- If you've interned at a FinTech, software startup, or in sales, this is a great gig for you, as you'll hit the ground running
Day to Day
- On any given day, the SDR may be making numerous outbound calls, monitoring LinkedIn group comments, sending out 1-to-1 email campaigns, researching, responding to and assigning inbound leads to senior sales team members, and assisting the sales team in creating and driving new business opportunities.
- his role gives entry-level salespeople the tools they need to develop into one of our senior sales representatives. Client trains and develops their sales talent, promotes from within, and has a clearly defined career path for those achieving success in SDR positions.
- Like any successful sales organization, our sales representatives are consistently measured against quotas and held accountable. SDRs are compensated with a both a base salary and performance-based commission. This offers the employee guaranteed monthly income, but limitless potential.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer