Rancho Cordova, CA
|Location:||Rancho Cordova, CA|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Do you have bookkeeping and data entry experience and are looking for a fantastic opportunity with a great company. Look no further, Volt has the opportunity you are looking for!
With moderate supervision, you will be responsible for performing a variety of standard bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records.
- Record payroll information by posting expenses and cash disbursements to the general ledger for internal and external reporting
- Perform allocations of expenses to various cost centers to record for internal and external reporting
- Maintain and process automotive registration and licensing for all company-owned vehicles to ensure accurate documentation
- Deposit and record in the general ledger miscellaneous cash receipts
- Maintain the records for fixed assets including depreciation, purchase and sale of assets
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of cash
- Maintain adequate funding of company's bank accounts to ensure funds are available for disbursements
- Research discrepancies between general ledger/bank balances and amounts posted through the GroupFacts system
- Post to the general ledger group cost information to accurately reflect costs incurred by the company for claims paid
- Record in the general ledger bank stop payments and void checks, reissue manual checks as necessary
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- One to two years of experience in an accounting environment
- Knowledge of clerical bookkeeping principles and practices
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations accurately
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines10-key by touch (7,000 ksph)
- Ability to key both alpha and numeric (6,000 ksph)
- Clean credit history as reported by credit report
Client Specific Requests
- SAP experience helpful.
- Bank account reconciliation experience with large accounts (greater than $10M balances);
- MS Excel experience – ability to work with large spreadsheets, including the ability to create Pivot tables.
- This contractor will prepare bank account reconciliations:
- Review daily bank activity in SAP – FEBAN
- Clear open items
- Research discrepancies, including working with other business areas to resolve
- Review merchant account activities and effectively communicate returns and chargebacks to the business areas
Volt Is An Equal Opportunity Employer