Customer Service Representative
Rancho Cordova, CA
|Location:||Rancho Cordova, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$12.98 - $18.82 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative!
This position will support a growing company in the insurance/eye care industry. This is a 6 month contingent position, with the potential to extend for the right candidate. This is a Full Time (M-F 7 AM-4 PM) position.
The Customer Service Representative will with minimal supervision ensure accurate, timely and efficient customer support while delivering World Class service. Respond to complex e-mail and web chat inquiries in a manner that supports the achievement of satisfaction, growth and operational excellence goals.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Primarily respond to routine and complex e-mail and web chat inquiries from members and clients
- Responding to inquiries will require in-depth knowledge in the following areas
- Utilizing the plan, issuing authorizations, processing verification of eligibility, identifying and resolving payment errors and accurate completion of necessary documentation and forms processing
- Effectively educate and influence members and prospective members on the value and benefit offers through products, services and extensive network of doctors
- Remain current on all changes to customer service policy, procedure and product information to accurately, consistently and efficiently respond to inquiries
- Identify and analyze trends and communicate to appropriate business partners, suggest necessary corrections, changes or solutions; appropriately elevate situations that could have company wide impacts
- Maintain and organize correspondence to ensure consistent, accurate and professional responses; recommend updates to CS on line knowledge management tools
- Respond to a minimum amount of incoming ACD calls daily and as business needs require
- Able to effectively navigate through all systems, including Egain and Web Chat, Proclaim, CAD, CSR portal and Client Support Line request
- One to two years of customer service experience handling complex issues in a high volume environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to articulate information effectively via telephone, email and web chat as well as, clearly document customer situations and prepare letters to confirm agreements made verbally or in writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative to effectively carry out responsibilities
- Ability to meet minimum production requirement
- Ability to work at a computer 96% of the time
- Effective written communication skills to clearly document customer situations, as well as prepare letters to confirm agreements made verbally
- Must be available to work within the full range of call center hours of operation.
- Preferred Skills - not required • Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of HTML • Excellent technical writing skills • CPO Training OR certification • ICD 10 Training OR certification
VOLT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER