Rancho Cordova, CA
|Location:||Rancho Cordova, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $22.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Our Client , the nations leading provider in eye care insurance, is looking for a seasoned Senior Bookkeeper for their global headquarters in Rancho Cordova.
- Reconcile the largest, most complex bank accounts (those with balances over $20 million) to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of cash
- Provide training on all tasks to other Bookkeepers
- Create and implement automated processes to replace manual ones
- Write procedures for the Bookkeeping area
- Provide statutory, client and financial statement auditors with explanations and support for Bookkeeping transactions
- Perform allocations of expenses to various cost centers to record for internal and external reporting; research disputed allocations and redistribute as necessary
- Maintain and process automotive registration and licensing for all company-owned vehicles to ensure accurate documentation
- Deposit and record in the general ledger miscellaneous cash receipts; track receipts and research discrepancies
- Maintain adequate funding of company's bank accounts to ensure funds are available for disbursements
- Post to the general ledger group cost information to accurately reflect costs incurred by the company for claims paid
- Research discrepancies between general ledger/bank balances and amounts posted through the GroupFacts system
- Record in the general ledger bank stop payments and void checks, reissue manual checks as necessary
- Reconcile general ledger accounts; research reconciling items
- Provide support, advice and guidance from a Bookkeeping perspective to other units/divisions requesting assistance
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Two to Four years’ of bookkeeping experience in a medium- to large-sized company.
- In depth knowledge of clerical bookkeeping principles and practices
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks concurrently at multiple levels of complexity
- Ability to work with all levels of Company personnel
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform responsibilities
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations accurately
- 10-key by touch. (7,000 KSPH)
- Ability to key both alpha and numeric (6,000 KSPH).
- Clean credit history as reported by credit report
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.