BP - Clinical Document Improvement (CDI) III
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $63.33 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is currently seeking an EXPERIENCED Clinical Document Improvement RN to work for our client in Redding, CA.
This is a Full Time Contingent position. The CDI (Clinical Documentation Improvement) RN will provide a key role in facilitating long-term success of the clinical documentation improvement and integrity program by providing day-to-day intense oversight of the CDI program. Reporting to the Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, the CDI Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for increasing CDI program awareness (with the goal of enhancing the appropriateness and comprehensiveness of the medical record to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
The goal of the Clinical Documentation Improvement program is to ensure that physician and allied health documentation accurately represents the condition and co-morbidities for patients of the hospital. The CDI Nursing Coordinator will work in collaboration with the medical center’s team of clinicians, coding professionals, physicians, physician's assistants' and certified registered nurse practitioners to ensure accurate and timely clinical documentation in the medical record that supports the coding process in attaining appropriate DRGs based on sound clinical entries in the medical record.
The CDI Nurse Coordinator will support ongoing communication and education on documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues, as well as performance improvement methodologies to physicians and entire hospital staff. The Clinical Documentation Improvement RN Coordinator will function as the Steering Committee administrator and participate in CDI Task Force meetings to provide all around oversight of the CDI program.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing cases for documentation improvement opportunities
- Querying physicians when those opportunities are identified
- Educating physicians on documentation improvement
- Working with coders for accurate documentation and coding
The ideal candidate for CDI Nursing Coordinator should have:
- BSN degree with minimum of 3 years experience in an acute care, hospital or similar setting
- Minimum of 3-years experience in CDI Programs
- Knowledge of Medicare Part A and Part B.
- 2-3 years' management or supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of regulatory environment.
- Must have: 1) 2+ years of CDI experience
- 2) RN or FMG
- 3) CCS, CDIP or CCDS certification
- 4) Strong computer skills with preference of experience with Optum CAC/CDI3D
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL QUALIFICATIONS.
VOLT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER