Salt Lake City, UT
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions, is currently looking for top rated accounting professionals who have big 4 public accounting firm backgrounds and who have also worked inside the accounting department at a fast paced, public company. We are looking for people who want to make a positive difference at the place they work and who are skilled enough to do so.
This role is for a staff accountant on the fund accounting team with our client in Salt Lake City. As with most accounting roles, this position is responsible for contributing to the financial reporting, internal control, system development and global consolidation of one of the world’s most exciting companies.
This role will get exposure to a wide range of business activities including PV solar revenue transactions cycles, cash allocations to tax equity partnerships, solar asset purchase cycle from the developer to special purpose funds and accounting systems development and ongoing assurance testing.
A successful candidate will have had between 2-4 years of experience serving clients in a broad range of industries and who have been consistently rated at the top of their peer group in their firm’s or company’s performance review process. We are looking for those people who can deliver results and who find ways to raise the bar every day. The successful candidate is technically strong, relentlessly drives out inefficiencies in everything they do, is innovative and can communicate complex accounting topics, simply.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions.
- Monitor business activities on internal build billing and collections platform, ensure timely identification of accounting and financial reporting matters and prepare high quality accounting reconciliations and journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Analyze internal system revenue, accounts receivable and deferred revenue cycles and propose accurate estimates when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and flux reviews of revenue transaction cycles.
- Participate in discussions with business teams to assess the financial accounting treatment of new, emerging, or changing business activities in the US and internationally
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Big 4 public accounting experience is a plus.
- Have passed the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam is a plus.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of relevant business experience.
- Must be proficient Excel skills (pivot tables and filtering)
- Strong understanding of GAAP and the ability to clearly document and communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.