Engineering Manufacturing Liaison II
San Diego, CA
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $32.50 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions has temp to direct Engineering Manufacturing Liaison positions located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. These are long term career opportunities with one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
The Engineering Manufacturing Liaison directly supports the delivery of all hardware and documentation required by the respective contract. As a member of the construction/manufacturing engineering department, the primary task is to facilitate the delivery of all hardware and documentation required by the respective contract.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports production projects, influences and guides personnel across functional organizations; may provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Uses extensive expertise in manufacturing, machining/fabrication and construction tasks to execute production responsibilities.
- Effectively organizes and executes work assignments to meet project milestones.
- Utilizes knowledge of production planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement earned value (EV) systems to manage the project schedule/budget.
- Identifies issues, analyzes and interprets data, and develops innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Ensures on-time delivery for raw materials, sub assemblies and required manufacturing/quality documentation by maintaining frequent contact with vendor base.
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings and confers across functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing departments.
- Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing.
- Contributes to process and procedure improvements for the department.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business, planning or a related discipline as well as three or more years of progressive experience in planning, coordinating and scheduling production operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience using MS Office and Project applications to execute work activities.
- Must have complete knowledge of production and engineering support principles and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to use independent analysis and judgment in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems of moderate scope and complexity;
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.