Software Engineer - C
San Diego, CA
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Major Technology Company is seeking several senior and mid level Software Engineer to design, develop and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications. The primary languages involved will be C and C++. Java and Python Experience is preferred as well. This person will be responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- C, C++, Python and or Java programming
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Embedded software development
- C programming and application development
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications Essential Qualifications Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have a thorough understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems. Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more software development area; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.