Financial Accounting Manager
Santa Barbara, CA
|Location:||Santa Barbara, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $92,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is seeking a direct hire Accounting Manager that will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. The position is responsible for adherence to internal controls, and accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager currently supervises one senior and one staff accountant, and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, journal entries, reconciliations, financial reporting, quarterly and annual audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager communicates regularly with executives, senior management, and external auditors requiring strong interpersonal skills both written and oral.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure efficient, accurate, and timely financial results and closings on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Monthly variance analysis, preparation and review of journal entries, and preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supervise general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Respond to inquiries from CEO, Controller, and other company-wide managers regarding financial results and reporting.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure. Quarterly and annual audit reporting and preparation of audit schedules.
- Monthly and annual bank compliance activities. Work with and support Controller in day to day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements.
- Support budget and forecasting activities. Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures.
- Assist in development and implementation of such procedures.
- Supervises the General Ledger group to ensure all financial reporting guidelines are met.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed. Prepares annual employee reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five (5) plus years of general accounting experience and two (2) plus years as a manager of an accounting staff preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a team environment to improve business processes.
This position requires a positive attitude and an aggressive desire to succeed. Our client is looking for innovation and creativity in their next team member. The company offers plenty of growth opportunity. If you meet the criteria above, please submit your resume and cover letter.
For immediate consideration for this position, please call the office for an appointment. As a convenience, Volt can email you the application to be completed in advance before your appointment.
Volt Is An Equal Opportunity Employer