Communications Consultant - Master
Santa Clara, CA
|Location:||Santa Clara, CA|
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Global Communications Manager- Santa Clara, CA
About the job
Working directly with the Order Fulfillment & Supply Chain (OFS) president, and as a key part of the business leadership team, the OFS Global Communications Manager is responsible for creating and driving compelling communications to support the business’s strategic priorities. The individual will have a reporting line to the global communications and public affairs team, and will have exposure to a wide range of company strategies and initiatives, but the job is fully responsible to the OFS leadership team for that business’ communications needs. As a key leader on the OFS president’s staff, you will serve as a counsellor to the president and colleagues looking to energize their global teams around business initiatives.
You will play an important role in linking OFS messaging with that of business groups (CrossLab Group (ACG), Life Science & Applied Markets Group (LSAG), and Diagnostic & Genomics Group (DGG)) to form a clear and cohesive messaging platform that is consistent with the company’s brand promise and messaging. Consistency and clarity are key attributes.
You will identify and measure effectiveness of communications channels and methods of communicating, including innovative new ways of building employee understanding. You will be expected to maintain excellent active relationships with communicators in other leading companies to be able to learn from best practices and apply them at our client as appropriate.
This position will assist the leadership team in identifying key opportunities to tell the company story internally and externally with a focus on employee communications. Your work on external messaging will be from a broader perspective, coordinating closely with the corporate PR manager. You will play an important role in implementing M&A messaging, in concert with corporate communications leads, as well as preparing messaging for investor, government and academic audiences as necessary.
The job requires a broad range of communications, project management and people-relationship skills; exceptional proactive internal service skills; the ability to be strategic, but also execute; exceptional writing matched to the “voice” of the OFS president and other leaders, and the ability to distill complex messaging into simple, clear messaging, including in clean, clear storytelling graphics. The job also requires a candidate who is tech savvy and able to advise about and implement communications plans that include a wide range of technology-based channels.
Skills and experience:
• At least 8 years of demonstrated results in a global communications position
• Strong project management skills and ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
• Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills with a track record of forming effective peer-level relationships with senior members of an organization
• Ability to think independently and take full ownership for decisions.
• Exceptional writing skills, and ability to write in different styles to reflect the channel, the sender’s voice, audience and message
• Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media (including viral messaging, social media)
• Uncompromising commitment to quality. Detail oriented but able to see the big picture
• Self-motivated with an appetite to work entrepreneurially; track record as a self-starter
• Team orientation, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and clients.
• Flexibility to travel globally as required and to work, if needed, outside of standard office hours
• Requires educational background with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree preferred
• Experience in order fulfillment, supply chain, or life sciences fields, a strong plus, but not required
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer