Santa Clara, CA
|Location:||Santa Clara, CA|
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Sales and Marketing Specialist!
Maintains and expands relationships with customers of the organization, accountable for direct sales of new/existing products, develop and implement strategic sales plans to maintain and grow the business to exceed sales goals and performance expectations of the organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Promotes products and identifies potential sales opportunities in a professional manner to achieve the sales plan.
• Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within an assigned territory.
• Prepares a plan for each account to identify what and how short and long term needs may be met.
• Forecasts the demand for product(s) within assigned territory.
• Provides reports on the budget and sales activity for a given period of time.
• Accountable for financial proposals, competitive differentiation, territory management and forecasting.
• Interfaces with the customer to understand the customer's overall objectives and requirements.
• Contacts customers on a regular basis to maintain account relationship, advise of new product and service offerings, and obtain feedback on products.
• Call on Pathologist's, Administrators, Technicians, Purchasing Agents, & Managers in clinical laboratories located in hospitals, reference centers, cancer centers, and research institutions.
• Shares details with customers on additional offerings to provide value added service.
• Ensures that sales, engineering, and training departments provide post implementation support to assigned accounts..
• Serves as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during product utilization.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
• Prepares and conducts technical/product presentations and demonstrations.
• Participates in trade shows by representing the organization and sharing information on products.
• Provides feedback to marketing and product engineering teams for future product enhancements.
• Shares ideas and customer needs throughout all phases of product life cycle (plan, design, integrate, install, manage).
• Contributes to the quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs.
• Develops Total Available Market Analysis for territory to include analysis of all hospitals and reference labs in territory performing testing supplies with list of equipment used for testing, volumes, and current commitment.
• Prepare and present Business Review Analysis to top 10 customers in territory on bi-annual basis.
• Other related duties may be assigned.
Travel - 80% in the assigned territory
The LA area, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Bakersfield, Goleta and Santa Monica.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or a Medical Technologist certification and/or equivalent experience.
Experience: A track record of success developing new business and maintaining existing accounts with a minimum of 5 years selling medical devices or related products and services. Experience calling on Reference Labs, Medical Centers, Pathologists or related providers highly desirable.
Specific Skills Required: Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and navigating in CRM tools.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer