QA Compliance Coordinator
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$65,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
As the QA Compliance Coordinator you will be responsible for customer compliance, certification approval, regulation knowledge, overseeing our supplier program, and acting as the QA link with the sales team, R & D and the Sourcing Department in project management. In addition, this individual supports the QA Director in managing quality policies, programs and procedures to ensure the highest level of quality and food safety for the company.
- Update information and database
Validation of the recipe, label conformity regarding regulation
- Recipe approval
- Define ingredient list, nutrition facts
- Label approval for company brand and private labels, in partnership with the sales team
- Ensures that all documentation and certifications from ingredient, packaging and apple suppliers on the approved supplier list are up-to-date Supplier evaluation
- Participates in the annual supplier evaluation
- Participates in the approval process for new suppliers
- Manage supplier complaints and following of the corrective action
- Fraud risk evaluation
- Management of the specification through the customer platform
- Establishes product specifications and quality attributes
- Maintain update database
- Annual revision of the specification
- Answer any question from customer regarding quality
- Organic certification
- Kosher certification
- Halal certification
Works cooperatively with the sales team, R & D and the Sourcing Department in project management
Performs other related responsibilities as needed to support business operations.
As an employees you will participate in all company policy and program initiatives for Food Safety, Food Quality and Food Defense; each employee, no matter their position or job function serves a key role in contributing to safe, quality food.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field required. Comparable work experience applies.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs a plus.
- Knowledge in nutrition and food manufacturing regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Genesis and SharePoint a plus.
- Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity, Ability to Multi-task.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the FDA, USDA, CA Department of Health Services and other regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of FSMA, GFSI, HACCP.
- Ability to relate well with and influence others.
- Demonstrated computer and information technology skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks
- Customer service orientation
- Teamwork orientation.