|Pay Rate:||$65,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Calling all Staff Accountant’s, are you looking for a great career move? Then we have one for you. This client has been in business for over 80 years and they are continuing to grow in their operations. They are looking for a Staff Accountant with union and non-union payroll experience as well as background within the Food/Beverage/Manufacturing industry.
Our client offers a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision etc.). Not only will you be working for a company that values their employees, they also are very involved in our community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review invoicing completed by order processing staff.
• Enter cash receipts.
• Perform/process collections, credit checks, and bad debts.
• Weekly Report to Sales Management discounts and allowance deductions from customer payments.
• Assist Accounting Manager in Broker payment calculations including deductions for freight cost
• Reconcile customer statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Assist with month end closing.
• Maintain filing and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with Company policy and GAAP.
• File quarterly and annual returns (e.g., Alcohol Compliance reporting, Sales/Use tax, Business Property tax).
• Assist with Month End including accrued/prepaid expenses, depreciation/amortization schedules, etc.
• Freight in/out tracking for month end accruals
• Work with Order Processing to track proper freight charges for outgoing freight
• Monthly analysis of all balance sheet accounts including recommendations for changes and the level of accruals and prepaid accounts.
• Assist Controller with the management of Capital projects including cost to budget analysis for each project.
• Provide support to CPA and various auditors as required.
• Backup AP Clerk for timekeeping/punch entries
• Daily application of labor hours to manufacturing work orders
• Process hourly staff payroll on a weekly basis
• Verify and process payroll liabilities (tax, garnishment, etc.)
• File workers’ comp reports and process payables.
• File Union reports for dues and insurance
• Host workers’ compensation audits and provide reports/information as requested.
• Back up for AP Clerk
• Track and verify credits for returned purchases
• Track incoming International purchases
• Track receipts and apple reporting
• Create statements for payments to local growers
• Code and verify credit card receipts
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with filing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance for various licenses and permits (organics, food processor, Kosher, FDA, etc.)
• Participate in compliance audits for various certifications/licenses.
• Assist with online account access or follow-up for a variety of administrative/quality filings, registrations.
• Assist with various interim or ongoing projects, e.g., real time inventory tracking/reconciliation, tracking of international orders.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge, & Skills
• BS in accounting or related field or equivalent of education and experience.
• Experience in a mid-level accounting role in a comparable company. Experience working in food production and manufacturing strongly preferred.
• Experience with processing payroll and payroll systems.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
VOLT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!