Human Resources Assistant
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
VOLT has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Assistant located in Tracy, CA. This is a seasonal/temporary assignment slated to last 2-3 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of employee files to ensure compliance with government requirements.
- Work with facility managers to recruit, interview and select qualified employees to fill vacant positions.
- Perform new hire orientations.
- Conduct routine employee training as required, schedule third-party training as necessary.
- Maintain employee time clock system including issuing employee badges.
- Work with staff accountant to resolve payroll disputes.
- Verify I-9’s and maintain records as required by law.
- Resolve issues with mismatched social security numbers.
- Address employee concerns on a daily basis regarding payroll, labor law and leave of absence issues, etc.
- Report workplace injuries to the company’s worker’s compensation insurance provider, investigate and report injuries to CFO.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm w/ Possible overtime daily as well as weekends.
Pay Rate: $18.00 hourly
Education and/or Experience: Minimum 2 years of human resource experience, some educational background on Human Resources is a plus. Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor law compliance.
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public (both English and Spanish).
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables on a daily basis. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Computer Skills: Must have strong computer skills, preferably in MS word and excel. Must be able to operate a multi-line phone system, copier, fax, and 10-key calculator.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to provide necessary documentation to legally work inside the United States of America.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, taste, and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee is frequently required to use hands for data entry purposes.
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For immediate consideration please email email@example.com or call 209-952-5627 and ask to speak with Shemika to schedule an interview.