Electrical Engineer Designer
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ. This is a 12 month contract with a rapidly growing client.
Applicants selected must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL and support the following type of applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Digital Signal Processing (DSP), control loops, data links, embedded processing, and processor interfaces. As a configurable logic designer you will work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, select parts, architect the device, perform code development, simulations, and place and route.
• Applicants selected must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Ability to apply advanced digital design knowledge and principles to complex designs
• Proficient at using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog
• Proficient with FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
• Proficient with digital toolsets and backend vendor tools
• Proficient with a software or scripting language
• Ability to take a design from concept to production • Ability to collaborate and work with other disciplines
• Ability to solve integration issues and determine root cause
• Self-directed – Able to complete tasks with minimum oversight • Strong written and verbal communications • Cross discipline knowledge such as software, digital signal processing, etc.
• Digital Signal Processing and simulation using MATLAB or equivalent
• Experience applying fixed-point analysis and conversion of floating point algorithms
• Experience with embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze, NIOS, and ARM processors
• Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES, RSA, ECC, etc.
• Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C, etc.
• Integration experience with FPGA based systems
• Knowledge of ASIC design flow and process
• Familiarity with advanced verification techniques
• Ability to manage and trace requirements.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Science or Mathematics with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer