Electrical Engineer Designer
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ. The Electrical Engineer must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
This is a 1 year contract; W2 Candidates only; Applicants selected must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- As the Engineering Department deploys Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) based verification capability, we need Verification Electrical Engineers to participate in the functional verification of ASICs/FPGAs as-needed.
- The Verification Electrical Engineer will create the verification plan with the Program and Register-Transfer Level (RTL) designers input and review in addition to developing the architecture and design of the environment.
- This requires creating the necessary run and/or post-processing scripts as well as the overall methodology for the given project in terms of the logistics related to using the verification environment.
- You will also participate in a team of engineers to implement the test benches.
- The Electrical Engineer will also be involved in the implementation of the verification environment which may include:
- Creation of Constrained Random Agents; Creation of Monitors, coverage collectors, and Scoreboards; Incorporation of available models that may exist as C/C++, Verilog or VHDL, etc., and/or creation of those models; Creation of functional coverage through use of assertions;
- Use of functional and code coverage as a quantitative measure to analyze and help determine what is considered 100% coverage for the given design as determined by the verification plan;
- Writing directed and constrained random tests in parallel with RTL designers to help achieve coverage goals; and use of trouble reports and bug tracking.
- Position may reside in any of the following locations: Tucson, Arizona N. Texas Huntsville, Alabama
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer