Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Position: Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting ensures accurate, timely, efficient business unit accounting and reporting by assisting in the financial accounting and reporting functions of the Corporate business units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares journal entries for month end close (including debt, medical IBNR and stock compensation).
- Prepares internal reports, account analyses and reconciliations for the corporate business units.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly schedules for CFO Package which is provided to Executive members. Provides variance analysis for comparison to prior year and forecast.
- Assist with preparing the Company's external reporting including external financial statements and footnotes, SEC filings on Form 10-K's, Form 10-Q's, Proxy Statement and other financial information and analyses. i.e. debt, stock compensation, equity.
- Assists in the audit of the Company's benefit plans, including the preparation of the Company's Form 11-K, Forms 5500 and Summary of Annual Reports.
- Ensures accounting complies with corporate policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are within Corporate internal control guidelines.
- Assists in the audit of business unit's financial accounts and internal controls by providing supporting workpapers, investigating and researching accounting questions.
- Performs ad hoc projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. Ideal candidate has at least 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Skill in problem analysis and problem resolution and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A well organized and self-directed individual, who can successfully navigate large organizational politics, is a team player and has an appropriate professional image. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
Location of Position:
- Uniondale, NY.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Leadership-the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment-the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Quality Management Standards:
Uses best practice methods and, wherever available, company quality standards and guidelines appropriate to the task.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.